You recently purchased a hybrid or electric vehicle and are now driving it off the lot. You must now contact your agent to ensure that you have the appropriate auto insurance coverage. Insurance for an electric vehicle may be more expensive than insurance for a traditional gas-powered vehicle. Because electric cars are more expensive and have more complex equipment, they may cost more to fix or replace if they are involved in an accident. For policyholders who have comprehensive collision coverage, this could result in higher rates. Tax incentives and long-term fuel and maintenance savings, on the other hand, can help offset higher insurance premiums.
Factors to Consider When Insuring an Electric Vehicle
- It will be more expensive because the car is often more expensive.
- The majority of auto insurance providers offer auto insurance for electric and hybrid vehicles.
- There are fewer discounts available for electric automobiles.
- Ask your agent for multiple auto insurance quotations.
- Insurers give discounts for buying multiple policies, insuring more than one vehicle, not filing a claim, and taking a defensive driving course.
- Car insurance companies have a habit of increasing in price as you have claims. After making a claim, nearly every vehicle insurance provider will increase your premiums. Furthermore, a claim remains on your record for three years.
Although the prices of insuring an electric vehicle are often greater than those of a regular vehicle, you can still discover strategies to save your overall costs. You may be able to save money by conducting research either before or after purchasing the automobile.
Founded in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle in 2004, we now service the entire west coast, including Washington, Oregon and California, with office locations in Seattle and San DIego. At Belltown Insurance Group, each one of our clients are given a dedicated team of experts that work together to proficiently address all your concerns.
Give one of our agents a call to save money on your Business Insurance. Some of our Commercial insurance coverages include Business Owners Policy (BOP), General Liability, Commercial Auto, Workers Compensation, and Bonds.
Let us help you cut your insurance cost in Washington
Just give us a quick call today at (206) 443-7744 or Submit one of our quick online quote forms - with the help of our dedicated business partners; we conveniently offer an entire solution for all your insurance and business needs.